Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am about to go on chemotherapy tablets xeloda (Capecitabine)

I am about to go on chemotherapy tablets xeloda (Capecitabine) is there any remedy that would help with the common side effects - which are diahorae and sickness?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe most common side effect is nausea from xeloda.your chemotherapy doctor should have given you prescriptions for compazine (promethizine) or zofran (ondansatron) to help decrease nausea when you take them.if you do get diarrhea from xeloda, you can take over the counter anti-diarrhea medications like Imodium (loperimide) to help decrease diarrhea symptomsalso eating more constipating foods like rice, bananas, cheese, breads can help as wellgood luck to you with xelodalet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com