Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have just had a chest x-Ray as I've had a pain in my

Hi,I have just had a chest x-Ray as I've had a pain in my shoulder for a while, I'm quite a keen golfer and I think I may have done it this way.The results are back and my doctor has told me that there is nothing of concern, the only thing he noticed was a mild arthritis.Ironically the pain has now cleared up. I don't feel any pain anywhere else and I lead a relatively healthy lifestyle with respect of exercise and diet. I am around 1.5 stone overweight but I am currently getting this down.Is this anything to be overly worried about, in term of lifespan? And what can I do to ensure that it doesn't get any worse?Thank you in advance,
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.If there is no pain then the joint inflammation (arthritis) that you had has subsided. Pain is a protective mechanism that warns one that something is wrong in that particular part of the body, no pain essentially means that whatever was wrong has cleared up.In terms of life span, if you have full range of movement in the shoulder without having any restriction due to pain, then there is nothing to worry about.To ensure that it doesn't get better, you should avoid vigorous activities with this upper limb. But that does not mean that you stop using the this arm. No heavy weights and no lifts using this arm. That's pretty much about it. Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply, I'll be sure to leave positive feedback!There is only a small amount of pain now. In truth, I have always suffered with small amount of going discomfort, but have always put this down to being overweight and exercising rigorously.I'm 34 years of age so in good health.Given that it is only a mild form, and that I have spotted it by chance at an early stage, if I were to take heed of your advice can I hope that my quality of life and lifespan won't be overly impeeded in any way? I'm quite a worrier and It's scared me a little bit, I do tend to overreact though. I'm more determined now than ever to live a healthy lifestyle.Thank you again
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.If you have ongoing pain then starting on an NSAID will be a good option for now to let the inflammation subside and the to improve your quality of life. Life style changes are subtle and will not affect your life in a drastic way and you will adapt to them. Your lifespan however, will not be impeded because of this. Rest assured. Be positive and try not to let your anxiety get the best of you.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much doctor, that really is a relief!
Thank you for the great and prompt service
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars, I'll be grateful as that is the only way I get credit for my service.Best regards.