Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have suffered with fibromyalgia andmuch more years

I have suffered with fibromyalgia andmuch more for 30 years ( have suffered with ill health all my life). For the last 4 years i havehad horrendous headnoise , not tiinitus. Am at the end of my tether, no sleep. I can cope with, what is now chronic pain. The head noise I cant cope with. I have heard that ritalin could help.
Any idea. Regards Shirley
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Ritalin can in fact worsen the noises as side effect.These noises can be due to the excessive activities of certain nerves in the brain.Vascular turbulence from atherosclerotic plaques in the blood vessels can cause this as well.Benzodiazepines like clonazepam or alprazolam can be used effectively at night time to help with the symptoms.It also helps with the sleep as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/