DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had hip surgery which involved metal implants after

Customer Question

I have had hip surgery which involved metal implants after seeing the consultant the implants have failed. I have no pain which apparently suggests the bones may have healed.
L am due to have a cat scan, with the outcome of more surgery to remove metal or replace hip.
Do l have a choice as to which hospital performs the surgery the waiting time for the main NHS hospitals is extreme at best.
But some of the BHI hospitals have a much shorter waiting time.
I gather that in a lot of cases it's budget that tells all.
To have gone through 4 months of being bound to 4 walls to arrive back where l started is a dread.
With the prospect of a 3 month wait and 3 months recovery gives a feeling of despair.
I am 67 later this month l run my own business.
I have had to cancel our holiday which was for my wife's 60 th.
Money seems to call the tune.
'
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou have to make an application through the surgeon.You do not have a direct choice.If the surgeon has privileges and can schedule you, and move up your time, then that can be done.The current surgery is elective, and not emergent.It is no down side surgically to wait 3 months, which will make it difficult to prioritize you on a schedule. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
anytimeplease click a positive rating on the scale, or I don't get paid by just answer.