Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had unprotected sex with someone on the early hours of

Hi, I had unprotected sex with someone on the early hours of Sunday morning 01/05 and then had sex with my partner around 8hrs later. I went to my sexual health clinic and started testing. Going by the information I gave them they started me on PeP. I'm terrified that I've given my partner an sti or hiv. She was complaining she may have a uti on the mon / tues and she developed a painful lump under the skin near her groin yesterday 06/05 which we think is a swollen gland. Is it possible I have infected her with hiv in the 8hr window we had sex as I could possibly have been exposed during the previous encounter. I have no symptoms but is it possible she would show symptoms of hiv so quickly? I'm terrified. Please help!! :-(
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is very unlikely.HIV risk is very low from one unprotected encounter to begin with.And the virus will not cause symptoms right away.Do not worry.THis is just coincidental.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/