DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Can you help I am feeling really awful ongoing nausea pain

Hi can you help I am feeling really awful ongoing nausea pain in left side fatigue headache dizziness and vaginal discomfort can you help diagnose problem
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.How long you have these symptoms?Do you have any diarrhea?When was your last period?Left sided pain and nausea commonly suggest stomach inflammation like gastritis.Peptic ulcer disease is also possible.Left sided colon infection or colitis is another possibility.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi period 2 weeks ago diarrhoea yesterday but formed stool today symptoms about 5 days had a kidney infection about a month ago it's not thrush as had treatment for thrush 5 days of pessaries
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for your reply.Seems like the antibiotic course for kidney infection messed up your intestinal flora and also vaginal flora.Given the formed stool, it is the first sign, your intestine is healing.You should consider following low fermentable sugar diet ( FODMAP diet) to reduce your symptoms.Please go to this link for detailed information:http://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdfPlease also include prebiotics like Inulin daily to keep your colon acidic which prevent gas producing bacteria.Also take a probiotic ( lactobacilli, bifidobacterium) daily to restore intestinal microbial balance.Simethicone and activated charcoal can be taken before meals to reduce gas and bloating.It is better to consider oral antifungal pill like fluconazole 200 mg daily for a week to treat the resistant fungal or yeast infection.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is a different expert.I do not believe that all of your symptoms can be attributed to antibiotic use a month ago.You need an exam now.If it were from antibiotics, the a bug called c difficile needs to be ruled out, and this would not resolve with diet or probiotics, and could be dangerous.IT needs an antibiotic called flagyl.I am concerned about the whole constellation of symptoms.one formed stool does not negate the pain in the left side, nausea and headache.Vaginal discomfort can be a separate infection.Other conditions can be involved here as well.Fatigue headache and dizziness REQUIRE and exam, as this can be viral meningitis for example.No, to not consider this to be self help at this point.Go to A&E now. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.