Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My partner was fine yesterday but has become ill over night

My partner was fine yesterday but has become ill over night started with sudden commuting then fever hot and cold etc, has aches and pains all over and feeling very unwell, still wretching about every hour although nothing now left in stomach, trying to keep hydrated, anything else we should be doing ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.If he is continuously vomiting the best thing would be to take him to emergency.Try to give him as much fluid as you can in the form of electrolyte rich solutions i.e. gatorade or pedialyte.Giving him dramamine which is OTC can help with the vomiting and retching as well.His symptoms should improve in the next twelve to twenty four hours.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the electrolyte solutions and where can i get themShe has now fallen asleep so assume leave for now as
Sleep will do her good !
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sports drinks like pedialyte and gatorade that are available everywhere.Yes sleep will do her very good.She should be much better when she wakes up.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Any sports drink would do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you !!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish her all the best.Kindest regards