How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64330
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Discussed issue with dr.SH and he said I need g a topical

Resolved Question:

Discussed issue with dr.SH and he said I need g a topical antibiotic cream such as polysporin or neosporin. This is only available through prescription. I am in the uk. Is there an over the counter cream or an alternative
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloPlease attach a picture here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This looks like either an allergic reaction, or herpetic outbreakHave you had this before?What diagnosis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr SH on this website said it was furuncle. I had it in same spot last year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to k ow what cream is available in the uk
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
PossiblyHere is a picture of a faruncle. compresses will be as effective as any over the counter medication.In fact, polysporin and neosporin are likely to be ineffective here.A faruncle is caused by staph bacteria, and all over the counter topicals are largely ineffective.Including polysporin or neosporin.You need a prescription call mupiricin.If you want to try something over the counter, use homeopathic calendula cream, 3 times a day for 2 days only, or until you see improvement, then only as needed. This is often faster than the over the counter antibiotic creams.I don't personally think this is a faruncle. Especially since it comes back in the same place.Show this to your doctor before it goes away: we do not diagnose or treat here. We answer medical questions. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my notes
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I got your response.Please see my extensive answer above.Please click a positive rating.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think it is
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Please read my very first answer.

Related Medical Questions