Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

One of my labia has shrunk, I have no pain or anything else

Customer Question

one of my labia has shrunk, I have no pain or anything else and have only just noticed it. could this mean something sinister, I am 68yrs young.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Shrinking labia is due to the lack of estrogen common during menopause.Since you do not see any growth or lump, this is not likely serious.Still, you should see your doctor for a clinical evaluation.Estrogen cream can be applied daily to rejuvenate your labia over time.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/