Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 2 yr old son hit his forehead (where the nose starts)

Hello, my 2 yr old son hit his forehead (where the nose starts) against a chair corner,causing a large visible bruise between his eyes. After a week or so, the bruise was almost no longer visible, but he started to have a bloody nose (never had it before) with cospicuous blood losses. This has been going on every now and then for a few weeks and always with conspicuous blood losses; how can I check if the two things are related? Going to a GP in this country is useless; what I need to know is what kind of scan or specialist visit should be done to see if there's some relevant damage or blood clots (English is not my mother tongue; sorry if not clear)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The best person to go to would be an ENT doctor.He needs to have his nose examined from the inside to see if there is any raw area inside the nose that could be bleeding.If any bleeder or a raw area is found it may need to be cauterised which will stop the bleeding.Also, I would recommend having a x-ray or preferably a CT scan to make sure no bone is cracked or broken which could be causing the recurrent bleeding.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards