Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Can caberline make you see things. I thought I saw a hard drive

Customer Question

Can caberline make you see things. I thought I saw a hard drive that was blue and white and I remember it being in the office and I even remember my husband owning it. But he says it never existed. I had changed from Bromocriptine to cabergline and I was more awake and aware of stuff. I started to notice things. Is it possible for me to hold an item and also think I have know of an item for years to see it disappear and then reappear again. My husband is saying it never exhisited but I think he is lying. He says I am crazy. But I am sure it was there and that he hid it for what ever reason. He said it was blue and blue and the one he should me I do remember but it isn't even the same size
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionThe answer is YESit absolutely canThis is a known side effect of the drugI would ask to change the dose or go back to the old druglet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I had thought I had seen the hard drive and when I asked him about it. He said it never exhisited. Then one day months later it appeared and I saw it in his office. And then I asked him about another hard drive and he pulled this one out of the drawer and said this is it. I said no that is blue and white and although I do remember this one and remember it missing for awhile it is here in your office. He asked what colour is it. I said blue and navy he said so not this one he was holding a blue and white hard drive. I said no. Then two days later he came to me and showed me another hard drive that was blue and navy (although it still wasn't the one I asked about) and I said sorry and then asked about the blue and white one. He said there was no blue and white one. And so I think he is playing games as I had thought he was trying to make me feel crazy and he knew the side effects of the drug. He has encouraged me to go back on the drug as he complains that I am slow on the bromocriptine. But feel afraid that I can't go back on it as I don't know if he is telling the truth so I want to make sure I could have imaged such an elaborate story
I can't comment on that Amanda.But I know the drug can cause mental disturbance.this doesn't seem like what it would typically cause thoughusually it is visual hallucinations
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you describe what a visual disturbance is please. And what it is that I am describing. Is it because I can remember touching it and holding the item. And can remember it from the past and then saw it again. This is important to me to understand as I am not sure I can trust what I am being told at the moment by my partner. I am very good at remembering items and colour and the colour of items as I am not good with words. I have always used my visual skills to help me find things or places. Remember colour and shape of places, buildings and objects. As I can not spell well or read well from dyslexia.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what are mental disturbances. I was sad but that was from what is happening in our marriage I believe and at times I was a little more into sex. But I felt smarter, brighter, I could follow conversations. Remember stuff. Can you explain the types of side effects
It is just the nature of what you told meThe typical hallucination would be like seeing people in a room when they aren't there or hearing voicesnot the color of a hard drive