Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

David the pain is sitting just under sternum I'm now panicking

Customer Question

Hi David the pain is sitting just under sternum I'm now panicking it's an ulcer !!
Surely my esr and c r p would be elevated if so also would the pain be constant in one place.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidanxiety can cause pain behind your sternummild acid reflux can cause this as wellit would not be an ulcer thereyou need to try to relax and take deep breaths.are you on medications to help decrease anxiety symptoms?xanax? ativan? valium? klonopin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xanax but it makes me spaced
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you might benefit from 1/2 a xanax for anxiety .also taking stomach acid reducers like maalox, mylanta, or zantac can help decrease acid refluxhave you eating anything or drank alcohol, spicy foods, fatty meals which could worsen stomach acid recently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I have had spicy food. And a few wines.
The pain is moving I take it an ulcer would be painful and lower and not move ??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
an ulcer pain would not moveyou don't tend to get ulcers in your esophagus.what you are having is heart burn from acid reflux.maalox, mylanta, gaviscon, zantac. you should be using these antacids and acid reducers now.do you have them in your house.use them now to decrease acidno more spicy foods for a while.this doesn't sound like an ulcer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pain is mild just below sternum
I do have a small sliding hiatus hernia from a football fall 30 years ago ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
hiatal hernia can worsen acid reflux.do you have those antacids to use?have you used them yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have omephrazol that I keep if needed as I used to get reflux fr anxiety I don't have obvious acid reflux no burning in wind pipe
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
omeprazole can take a few days to start working, you can take one nowdrinking more water can help reduce some stomach acid.maalox, mylanta, gaviscon are better. you should buy some and have it in the house.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not serious. ?
Connected to ibs ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
connected to the spicy foods you have been eating.get that acid reflux into control.avoid spicy foods.take the omeprazolenot serious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. It's a windy pain on the sternum feels like pressure gas does that make sense ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that sounds like acid reflux and heart burn from excessive stomach acid coming up.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok il get some gaviscon
But it too high for an ulcer and the pain would be severe on one place ? Payment on way. Would my esr and crp be more than 1 and 0,5 if an ulcer were there ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
if you had an ulcer, it would bleed and cause lower hemoglobin and hematocrit levelsand would cause your stools to be TAR BLACKif you don't have tar black stools and your stools are brown, you don't have an ulcer that is bleeding.your symptoms are not of an ulcer.they are from acid reflux from eating spicy foods.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My recent stool test done 27 the march reads negative to accult blood from the lab and my red cell count last week was 4.99 heamoglobin 164. And heamotrit0.444
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no bleeding, no anemiameans you don't have an ulcer.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Payment on way sir.
Actually that's a good point as you would know as an oncologist serious would move those markers as well in the whole abdomen a awhile so I can relax ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, you can relax.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So as long as those markets are good it's not serious sir ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
right, not serious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So from an anxiety point of view use that knowledge and if the blood markers are fine. And the esr crp ?
I don need to call you guys is that how I should think ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you don't need to worry about ulcersyou had acid reflux from spicy foodsyou keep asking the same questions over and over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I meant was can I use those markers in future to reassure myself and not contact docs all the time sir ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it doesn't seem to help you.you still seem to have health anxiety
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is something I have to live with
But the info is helpful sorry to annoy you.
Thanks for the info And letting me know it isn't serious.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it is not seriousI am not annoyed.whatever you can do to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.everyone is different and their minds work in different ways.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well now I know to look at the blood markers every six months when I get them done. So if those are nirmal and I have a few pains il try to ignore them. There is so much bad info out there my Harley street specialist said the same heamoglobin is a very important marker in the abdomen. And are the inflamation markers.
My mind fixates on pain. If I know the blood work and what it means it will help so those markers are the ones to check ? Have a good evening
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, those are the ones to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well mine are great ! So I'm off to chill thanks mate
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feel much better today
A little full but I've eaten well no pain normal stools I think the next time the wind pains come I need to remember the blood results
It seemed to help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that is good you feel better.yes, remember your normal blood results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So to go you docs will see serious in the bloods ? They are very good also as you said my wbc is normal at 3.73. It stays around 4 Thanks David
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, your WBC count is normal. I wouldn't worry about that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have done that one haven't we it's been there for three years but does go up so that is very good.
The bloods show you guys serious other than that ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, the normal blood tests show that this is not a serious issue and you don't have bleeding ulcer or cancer or other issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's sinking in. !!! Slowly. Serious would move the heamoglobin and the other counts I'm now thinking ? Have a good evening
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blood count all good I'm ok ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, blood counts all good.you are ok. you can try to relax.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never ends ! I feel string tissue around my nipple on my peck. ? Are there supposed to be lumpy bits there ? If I push in I can feel lumpy bits on both pecks. Is that normal ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you should start a new question thread for me here.here is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com