Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My mother who is 93 has been prescribed rivaroxiban and

Customer Question

My mother who is 93 has been prescribed rivaroxiban and bisoprolol for Af. is it safe to use immodium for her diarrhea which has only started since taking these two drugs. I intend to consult our GP but your thoughts would be helpful
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Loperamide or Immodium is reserved for diarrhea that is uncontrolled, chronic, bloody or with diarrhea that is more than 6 stools per day.If you think that the diarrhea is uncontrolled and causing dehydration then giving her a one capsule is alright. But please do consult her GP who is better aware of her current situation.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.