DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 30 year old female and am suffering with pain in my

I am a 30 year old female and am suffering with pain in my stomach which feels like burning. and I also have a cough which feels like it is pulling my stomach in and at times difficult to breath at times. I also have hot and cold sweats intermittently. I saw my gp on Thursday and my symptoms were not has bad and he suggested gallstones and prescribed antacids. However this does not seem to be helping. does this sound like an ulcer or acid reflux and if so what should I do. pain in stomach usually subsides for a bit after eating.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiIt sounds like an ulcer.You need an h pylori breath test to see if you have the ulcer bacteria.If you do, you need the correct antibiotics.Ant acids alone will not fix it.In addition, they don't correct gallstones.For that you need an ultrasound, for diagnosis. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can take now to alleviate the pain or coughing tonight before I make an appointment with a doctor tomorrow?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
We don't treat here, or diagnose in fact.Regular ant acids are not as strong as over the counter prilosec, or zantac.If he gave you a drug like prilosec, it could take a few days to work.If you are really suffering, I recommend urgent care.You have to rule out other problems if symptoms are increasing. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/