How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55452
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have really chronic itching around the vulva. A couple of

Resolved Question:

I have really chronic itching around the vulva. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis, however I have tried to keep this area moist but still the itching persists. I am wondering if I might have an infection as I have tried so many topical remedies. I am a fairly young 78. Very mobile and active. Can you help please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I think you probably have atrophic vaginitishave you tried estrogen cream topically?let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try to get the cream but don't know if it is sold over the counter here in England.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
You will probably need a scriptplease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions