Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have a severe buzzing pain in the left side of my head, from

I have a severe buzzing pain in the left side of my head, from behind the left ear upwards. Sometimes the inside of my ear is affected but not always. The duration of each attack varies from a few minutes to two or three hours. It started three weeks ago and has been consistently annoying since.
Can you help please?
Historically, I have neorological problems. Transverse Myelitis, optical neuritis and neuralgia in my right arm.
Sally Rodohan
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this problemit could be a sign of cervical spine diseaseI am suspect that is the caseAlso, trigeminal neuralgiaYou need to see your neurologist ASAPyou might need an MRI of the cervical spinelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com