DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I've been having of trouble with muscle aches and

Hi, I've been having of trouble with muscle aches and feeling exhausted after a 10 min walk, anxiety, hair loss, loss of appetite and irregular periods. I had bloods done. Everything was normal but was told my iron was only 17... Would this cause these problems even though it's within the normal range? My Dr gave me treatment for anxiety, but I'm not sure I want to take medication if I will just get better by raising iron levels..
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiNoNot the iron.Did you have thyroid studies?If so, what was the exact TSH value
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did
Was told it was normal. Didn't get told the numbers...
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NORMAL says up to 4.5.Not true.Over 2.5 can be hypothyroid.You need the exact number.I would get that, and see an up to date endocrinologist. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/