Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 86 years old, and have a steroid sensitive polymyalgia

Customer Question

I am 86 years old, and have a steroid sensitive polymyalgia and have been taking prednisolone for>12 years. Ihave osteoporosis and recently 2 vertebrae fractured, desite good diet and Alendronic acid.
I have an abnormally reduced blood steroid level and am very tired and verging on CCF and periods when my BP falls to 95/50. I wonder if I have secondary adrenal suppression and who best to see to find out what to do?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I totally agree that feeling tired and low blood pressure could be an indication of adrenal suppression and the best person to consult in this regard would be an endocrinologist.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards