wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I noticed my son have chicken poxs on Monday he isn't covered

Customer Question

I noticed my son have chicken poxs on Monday he isn't covered and isn't itching. We are meant to be going to a wedding on Saturday, would you say he'd be OK to go. He feels fine in his self hasn't been ill with it at all? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first spot he had has scabbed now.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.You son should be considered to be infectious from two days before the first skin lesion appeared to about 5 days after the first lesion was seen or all the pox are crusted over.So. What is the take home message?You are cutting things a bit close as Saturday is the fifth day since you noticed the skin lesions....but he would probably be OK as long as he doesn't have any new blisters or moist lesions.If he does have blisters or moist spots you might want to keep him home as there is a chance that, should he come in contact with a pregnant woman who has never had chicken pox in her life, a immunocompromised person (AIDS, chemotherapy etc) or on high dose steroids etc, they could become very sick from catching chickenpox.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS