Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I'm epileptic and a good 4 stone overweight. I take a lot of

Customer Question

I'm epileptic and a good 4 stone overweight. I take a lot of medication (3 different drugs). I would like to lose this extra weight but am worried it would affect my medications ability to control my seizures. Is there any advice you could give me to lose this weight safely?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.If you lose weight the efficacy of your medications will not be lost.The best way to lose weight is through a regular diet and exercise program, which is what I would recommend doing.I would like that you should consult a dietician to help you with a diet plan that you should follow religiously and also an exercise program which should be at least half an hour to an hour of exercise everyday for most of the days of the week.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards