Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I take some medicine that has helped me stay sane

I take some medicine for anxiety that has helped me stay sane for 12 years
my Dr's is retiring and he has said that some Dr's may not give it to me which is giving me anxiety
Its my safety net and works for me
whats my best thing to do?
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the prod is lorazapam i just take one at night and it helps me sleep 1 mg i have been great for years since episodes of anxietyI take it wil dothiapin 75 mgit worls for me and i feel greatim anxious not stop a si have tried everything else and this worksi had counselling and everything
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry your doctor is retiring.I can see how this can make you worried and anxious.you should ask to see a new primary care doctor and also a psychiatrist as wellpsychiatrist will prescribe lorazepam to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.do you have an appointment to see a new primary care doctor yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is not retired just yetit is that he said the new doctors are not as ready to give lorazapam i know it is a strong drug but it works for meI know it is only normally for two weeks but i have tried everythingI jave million pound business and travel world over and have my own charity in africa si i am suceesful the drugs help me and they are my saftey netrob
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I understand your need and your use of lorazepamthere are new doctors who are willing to prescribe lorazepam.there are also psychiatrist you can see for your anxiety symptoms who will be willing to prescribe to you lorazepam.you don't have to be worried about thisI'm sure when your doctor retires and when you find a new doctor, they will understand your anxiety symptoms and also prescribe to you lorazepam.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com