Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Since early tuesday morning (4am), i have had a quite a bad

since early tuesday morning (4am), i have had a quite a bad headache, and i feel very cold even when wrapped up in my duvet and actually being very hot as a result. i think i have a mild fever. paracetamol quickly fixes the sensation of being cold, and the cuprofens while taking much longer to get to work makes my headache much better, at times to the point of not being there at all. every day i feel a little better, but normally my immune system combats things much quicker.
after ruling out dehydration by drinking lots more, i began to suspect the cause my have been uncooked beef, as the onset started in the middle of the night on tuesday morning, just a few hours after i ingested the very blue steak. but food poisoning would normally present with violent throwing up, diarrhea and cold sweats; but i have no other symptoms other than the 2 described. which leads me to think it was poor hygiene, with the raw beef, or perhaps raw chicken. maybe an infection was transmitted via my ears?
i have searched online, but i can't find anything that presents with just these 2 symptoms. everything seems to include some of the following; diarrhea, vomiting, muscle fatigue, abdominal pain, nasal or respiration problems - and i have none of these problems.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidheadaches and feeling very cold are most commonly due to you fighting off a mild viral infection.viral infections are very common and can be spread by a handshake or being around someone else who may have spread you a mild cold virus.paracetamol often helps with chills from viral infections and also the headaches of viral infections as well.usually food poisoning would cause diarrhea and/or vomiting.I am glad you are feeling a bit better today.eating more fruits and vegetables can help improve your immune system to help fight off infection.getting more sleep can help you fight off infection.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what sort of duration range would symptoms normally persist for? and what makes you think it's not a bacterial infection, or some other kind of ailment?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidbacterial infection would cause you to have fevers and other symptoms.mild viral infections would tend to cause symptoms of fatigue, headaches, and chills.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, but what about the duration for symptoms to persist? at what point should i be concerned if they have not gone away?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
usually cold and viral infection symptoms can last for 3-7 days or so, depending on your immune system and how much rest you can getyou can keep using paracetamol to help with your headaches and chillsmake sure you drink plenty of fluids and try to get more sleep and restoranges are good for you as well as chicken soup.you should feel better soon.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com