Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been prescribed Bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mg because I

I have been prescribed Bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mg because I have 2 large fibroids pressing
on my stomach wall, thereby causing my ankles to swell. Can I take the above drug at night rather than in the morning as I am going on holiday and have no idea where ladies rooms will be?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, you can take the bendroflumethiazide at night timebut it can cause you to wake up in the middle of the night to have to urinate.you also need to follow up with your doctor after holiday to check your blood potassium and magnesium levels to make sure they are not low. it can also cause drops in your blood potassium and magnesium levels. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com