Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have a persistent runny nose made worse by activity. Been

I have a persistent runny nose made worse by activity. Been going on for over 6 months and does not seem to be related to any allergies. I take 3 medications - quetiapine (antipsychotic), fluoxetine (Prozac) and ranitidine (antacid/acid production blocker because of the effects of quetiapine).
What's going on?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
It could be related to the medswhat have you tried to treat it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried medication to stop this because I'm not aware of, I guess, what would be congestant. This problem is not related to local pollen production or any particular weather, also I live in a rural location and the air is very clean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
...Be a congestant...
Yes, but the anti histamine might still help and they are very benignI would try zyrtec or allegra firstsee if that helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll give that a try.
welcome :)let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for replying.She can use Loperamide .She should take 4mg initially and then take 2 mg after every loose stool.Dose should not be more than 16mg in a day.In addition do keep her well hydrated by giving electral .It is available in powder form and you may re-substitute it with water and give her frequently.