Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My question relates to fertility. the length of my periods

Customer Question

Hi , My question relates to fertility. the length of my periods in recent months (the last 3 cycles , 5 months ) has extended from 35 day per cycle to a range between 50 & 56. I have been testing for ovulation and am achieving an LH surge on day 23. My period doesn't happen 2 weeks after that or even 3, and occurs sometime on the 4th week.
Is there anything I can read into these symptoms and is there anything I can do that may assist in bringing on my period. My partner has observed that I have been quite stressed and maybe this is causing these issues,
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil, I had an ovarian cyst about 5 yrs ago. No other medical issues.
Hello Sandra. Thanks for this replyStress can certainly do thisAlso, things like hypothyroid and PCOS (polycystic ovaries)you need to see your GYN fo an examination and blood tests