DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My mirena coil was removed last July 2015 and as I was

Hi, my mirena coil was removed last July 2015 and as I was 54 they did not put another one in. Its ten months later and I have started bleeding heavily. It is well over a year since I had any sort of a bleed. So do I treat this as a post menopausal bleed or as the return of my periods? I will be 55 next month.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt has to be assumed to be an abnormal bleed until proven otherwise.Fibroids , hormonal imblance, etc, and this is a clear indicator to get an exam this week.HOrmonal testing can also help define this.FSH/Lh, estrogen and progesterone. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that's helpful I was tempted to leave it for a few months and see what happens but now I will book an appointment with my GP.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome anytimeany questionsFind me in medical anytime by request.I am here daily.