Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I just returned from South Africa. Two days ago I had

Hello, I just returned from South Africa. Two days ago I had protected sex with a South African man. I performed oral sex and he had pre cum during this. I am unaware of his status. Do I need to seek PEP treatment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oral sex was unprotected
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Since the sex was protected, there is no need to seek PEP.Oral sex is not enough of a risk factor for HIV to have PEP.It is extremely rare for someone to get HIV with only unprotected oral sex.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just confirm, I don't need PEP for unprotected oral sex, I sometimes get bleeding gums when brushing my teeth. I know I may be being paranoid but appreciate your professional opinion.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes you do not need PEP for unprotected oral sex.Gum bleeds with brushing teeth is very common but unless you had sores in your mouth at the time of oral sex I would not worry.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a water blister in my mouth I believe from a denture rub, but it has not bled and is reducing. Is this any cause for concern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on my lip
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would not worry.There is no need of PEP in your case as far as I am concerned.This session will remain open even after you rate me.I would appreciate a rating before we proceed.thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If you would like to discuss your situation with me over the phone please accept the premium offer.Phone call is a premium offer on this website.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor. I was worried because of the water blister on my mouth, how do I rate your service and response?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You can rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** given you a 5 star rating. Thank you for allieviating my concerns.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question! Sorry to be paranoid. The next evening I had sore gums, they did bleed when I rubbed them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However I do have sensitive gums
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Well, that does not increase the risk.Trust me, your risk of HIV is negligible and it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. I'm sure you can see I've been getting myself in quite a twist! I appreciate your advice and will recommend you if any of my friends need advice. I really appreciate your responses. Have a great day. Thank you once again.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.Take careGoodbye :)