Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Is this anonymous?

Is this anonymous?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please tell what do you want to ask?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took cocaine Saturday night/Sunday morning. I feel fine now but since yesterday afternoon parts of my hands turn blue sometimes - if this dangerous or will it go away on its own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't usually do this but I was so drunk so my friend wanted to sober me up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to help? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am OK as I've woken up today feeling completely normal so I hope it will just go away on its own. But obviously if you google it you get lots of scary answers so I wanted to check. Please can this remain confidential?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.This drug turns your hemoglobin into deoxygenated state so that your body do not gets enough oxygen so it turns blue. This is called methemoglobinemia. This can be serious if amount of deoxygenated hemoglobin is so much that you start feeling shortness of breath. I would suggest you to go at urgent care to be on safe side for checking your oxygen saturation and if you do not have other symptoms you just need monitoring.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so as I'm feeling ok now do you think I can just wait and see if it gets better?If I get any shortness of breath then I will go to urgent care.I don't want to lose my job.I guess my question is, am I ok as long as I don't get shortness of breath?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes if you do not have other symptoms you can wait and watch. But beware of warning symptoms like shortness of breath or chest pain.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much! I've been terrified. Thank you, ***** ***** really helped me xx
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please leave a positive rating, hopefully excellent by clicking on stars on top corner.Pleasure to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have shortness of breath yesterday but it went away and I'm fine now so I will monitor myself and hopefully it will go soon. Is there a certain number of days it should be gone by?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
It would be normalized in a day or two but make sure you do not use the drug again.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr I'm sorry to bother you again, by chest pain do you also mean on te collar bone? It hurt there a bit yesterday but I thought this was from having the shortness of breath?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
any tightness in the chest or heaviness or pain along chest jaw or left arm means your heart is not getting enough oxygen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is there anything I can do to improve this? Or do I just have to wait and see if it goes?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
try to breath in fresh air and take deep breaths.Best.