Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have osteo arthritis mainly in my right hip but I am now

Customer Question

I have osteo arthritis mainly in my right hip but I am now getting pains in the calf of right leg. Is this down to arthritis or could it be DVT?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Sin and symptoms of dvt include cramping pain in the leg or foot along with swelling redness or warmer limb compared to other leg. If you are experiencing pain only this is most likely due to muscular spasm associated with arthritis. You can take ibuprofen for this. Hot compresses would help.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.