Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Why would a women who has had a full hysterectomy loose bloody

why would a women who has had a full hysterectomy loose bloody from down below
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.When did you have hysterectomy and do you have any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my hysterectomy in 1996, by key whole surgery. Very successful, except for having absolutely no sex drive.
I have no other symptoms, but I have been losing weight recently. I have not been dieting, but I have been drinking very healthy juices each day. A mixer of at least 7 to 10 fruit/veg each day, liquidized in the mornings and I'd thought that, that maybe why I'd been losing the weight.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.Do you have vaginal bleeding?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can not take phone calls right now. You can accept my additional services offer.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
So your symptoms are weight loss and bleeding from vagina, Am i correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vaginal bleeding, yes. I may have it wrong, but that is what I thought bleeding below was called. Am I wrong?
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
If you had hysterectomy and you are having vaginal bleeding this means the blood is coming from vaginal wall as your uterus is removed. Moreover you have history of weight loss. These symptoms need thorough physical examination of vagina and pelvic organs. So i would suggest visit your gynecologist for full per vaginal examination and ultrasound of the pelvis so that any growth in the pelvis can be ruled out. Blood can come from your anal canal due to hemorrhoid or anal fissure or any growth in there so you need both vaginal and anal canal examination to rule out anything serious. So weight loss along with bleeding needs urgent evaluation and testing. Let me know if you have further questions.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think there is anything wrong in the anal canal area, I've go no problems there at all.
I know to make a doctors appointment, as I've said I've already done this, but I can't get to see him for almost 10 days and the reason I contacted you was to find out if you think I have something to worry about. Whether you think I should make an urgent appointment privately. Can you please let me know if you think this is likely going to be serious or not.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.I understand your concerns. I would suggest it is better to get an urgent appointment if the bleeding is too much as blood loss from body results in decrease in hemoglobin and blood pressure, but you can wait for 10 days if your bleeding is very light or just spotting.I wish you good health.