Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have just been told I might have a nerve tumor. I went for

I have just been told I might have a nerve tumor. I went for a biopsy today on a cyst on my groin but after the ultrasound was told it could be lymph node, so during the procedure I suffered immense pain in my leg so it was stopped immediately. The doctor said he suspected a nerve tumor, can you tell me what this is please and I need to worry. Thankyou Gill
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question GillThis is likely a neuroma. A growth on a nerveThese are very common and usually benignHowever, given the fact they are on nerves, they cause a lot of pain.You are going to need to be sedated or put under to remove itlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.