Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I fell over on a concrete path last night, whilst carrying

I fell over on a concrete path last night, whilst carrying a 10 litre plant pot with a 6ft plant. I took the impact of the path on the side of one of my left ribs. I was winded with back pain as well as soreness at the site of injury and have had pain all day, especially when I cough, yawn and sneeze.
Should I see a doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you should. You need an xrayIf it just fractured ribs, there is not much that can be doneBut you need an xray to rule out a punctured lunglet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I tried to write back on the initial reply, the site only permitted me to answer you by paying more money. I thought that this was unreasonable given that i had just paid £24.