Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have recently undergone treatment cancer and

Customer Question

I have recently undergone treatment for breast cancer and have undergone a breast lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy and hormone tablets Letrozole (femera) taken before my op for 9 months to shrink the tumour and now after treatment for 5/10 years - in between I visited my dentist due to my back tooth being extremley loose, he carried out a full examination of my teeth and then stated that the loose tooth would eventually fall out of its own accord? He seemed very reluctant to treat me when I mentioned breast cancer and Letrozole - is this the case / or would be with ALL dentists? I don't know what to do next?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I see no reason why he did not take your tooth out if it was loose.I think that he may have been scared because of your history and the medication that you are on but there is nothing in the medication or in your history that suggests that the tooth could not have been taken out as far as I am concerned.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.Regards