Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've now got a purple spot on my finger what does this mean?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Please upload a picture here so that i can help you better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There you go have you got it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just came up ten minutes ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just say that when I'm not worrying about this I feel absolutely fine but could I be deteriorating without realising? If I look online it says the condition can be fatal and that terrifies me
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.It can be a small bruise due to trivial trauma or can be just a sun spot. Due to acute presentation and no associated symptoms i would suggest you not to worry about it at all. It is not any condition which is fatal. At this point just keep a check on it no treatment needed.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the methemoglobinemia you mentioned yesterday can't be fatal if I'm feeling ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought the spot was related to the methemoglobinemia
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No this is not associated with that. That is a different presentation in which whole of the hand turns blue. No worries.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regarding the methemoglobinemia could you please reassure me that as long as I'm feeing ok that I'm not actually deteriorating without further symptoms?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes as you told me yesterday that you do not have any other symptoms and no shortness of breath and now even your hands are not blue nothing to worry about.Rest assured.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be my anxiety regarding this whole situation that is making my hands go red and blotchy now? I think as I have been panicking so much I have made myself worse :(
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No anxiety does not result in these symptoms. Your hand seems normal. Your anxiety is making you think of different symptoms. just relax.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There you go it just happened again, like I said it is much less than on Sunday but every few hours they still change like this for a few minutes.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
This is very mild color change. Nothing to worry. It is just your anxiety.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't think of me as a crazy worrier. My left hand has been hurting a bit since yesterday and now one of the veins on my palms is feeling swollen/bulging - is that also the anxiety or just the after affects from all the colour changes?