DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had ablation in Dec which apparently was successful. In

Customer Question

I had ablation in Dec which apparently was successful. In February i started to have considerable pain in my groin and my G.P. diagnosed a strained muscle, then phlebitis, then scar tissue and later after an x ray he thought i had osteo arthritis. I do not know it i need advice from either a neurologist or vascular surgeon. My G.P has been advised by the surgeon who did the ablation that he suspects there is some nerve entrapment related to my femoral punctures i addition.I feel now that i require a second op ion
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNerve entrapment does not really occur to any great extent from femoral puncture.The doctor you need to see is an MD specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.Pain in the groin, if not from hernia, or prostate problem is often referred pain from the hip.This is a structural problem, and best diagnosed by the PM&R doctor.In the UK, this is called a non-invasive orthopedist.You probably need a x ray of the him, possibly an MRi of the lower spine.It depends on exam findings. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a MD specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation in the U.K.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is called a non invasive orthopedist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a non-invasive orthopedist. called in the U K. i have never heard of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a non-invasive orthopedist called in the U.K i have never heard of it..
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is called a non invasive orthopedist.It is an orthopedist that does manual medicine.Also many sports medicine doctors do the same thing. The program would be an assessment of your structure.Then the correct physiotherapy, home exercises, manipulative therapies, electronic therapies, and even traction if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, do you have any knowledge of this occurring after an ablation?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is usually coincindental to lying on the table.The structural problems are already there, but come out after the surgical procedure.I suggest you have the work up I have suggested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok , what about the trapped nerve, have you come across that before because i think that is what is causing the pain.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but it is not from the femoral puctures.This is why I have suggested a combination of x ray of the hip, and MRI, probably of the lower spine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for all that, can i come back to you another time if necessary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also how do you know it was not from the femoral punctures if the surgeon who did that ablation thought it was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Ask the surgeon how the punctures would still , anatomically, be reffering pain to the groin now. You can find me in medical by request anytimeUse my request link and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answershttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.