Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

How long will I have to wait cataract op on the nhs

how long will I have to wait for a cataract op on the nhs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was due to have surgery at optical express the surgeon said he needed more on my medical history as I had cataract surgery on my right eye is that correct
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe wait time can vary from location to location in the UKdifferent hospitals have different wait times.yes, your surgeon needs your full medical history to make the best decisions for your eyes and cataract surgery.let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so would it be better for the nhs to do my operation instead he said they have better equipment and said he could not get correct measurements needed
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
they may have better equipment. if you have had prior cataract surgery, they may need equipment that can do better measurements.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so the nhs will help me my eyes are heathy apart from a cataract on my left eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, the NHS will help youlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks very much doctor I feel more at ease now
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomedo you see the ratings area?please leave positive feedback below if you are happythanks