Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have lower back pain I was in an accident 9 years ago so

Customer Question

I have lower back pain I was in an accident 9 years ago so back pain isn't something new,but in the past I've been able to lay down take painkillers and it goes away until I did something to aggravate it again. It doesn't hurt when I'm moving around and is worse when I am sitting but for the last couple of weeks have been getting pressure in back passage as well and it doesn't even ease when I lay down anymore.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that with your current symptoms you should have MRI of your lumbar spine. If you have had that previously I would recommend having it repeated to make sure things are not worsening.The symptoms that you are mentioning could be due to pinching of a nerve in the lower back in the lumbar spine which is what I would like should be considered.I would recommend that you be seen and evaluated for this ASAP.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards