Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

All, About 4 ish months ago I noticed a circular red

Hi all,
About 4 ish months ago I noticed a circular red mark on my shoulder, I didn't think much about it so as I have psoriorsis so I just forgot about it assuming it would go. Then I started to notice more and now I have a total of 4 (shoulder, ankle, back of thigh and front calf.) It seems to have a darker border and initially the pharmacist suspected ringworm and showed me a anti fungal I used this for around 2weeks with no improvement. I went back and he gave me another antifungal but with hydrocortisone and was told to use this for a week, also no improvement. I then went to the doctors and he also was sure it was a fungal infection prescribing me a stronger antifungal with hydrocortisone also once again no improvement. Going back to the GP and seeing a different doctor he claims it dosent look like ringworm and is probably psoriorsis now usually I get psoriorsis on my face and ears but very rarely my body and not spread out as such. I requested a skin scraping and was told they could not provide that so he sent me away with a stronger steroid treatment and was told to use this for 2weeks and if nothing clears up he can re assess it. It's been a week and a half and although sometimes in certain lights and when I'm in the shower it may appear less raised I don't see significant improvement as is the case with psoriorsis. I'm concerned because I spent 13 months abroad in a hot climate and also in Thailand was scratched by a stray kitten, hence why a fungal infection seemed more likely. I'm at a little bit of a loose end because I hope it's not something more sinister.
The area does not hurt and does not itch, it isn't scaly and is smooth redness skin with a slightly darker border sometimes I also see skin coloured bumps, it varies with size depending on the area.
Any advise or guidance at this point would be appreciated.
Kayleigh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also attached some photos of my ankle and shoulder (flash, none flash) for comparison.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other medical issues, I was diagnosed is psoriorsis at age 5.

This is psoriasis.

I'm sure of it.

you need a stronger steroid or UV light therapy and to follow with a dermatologist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just very unusual because I haven't suffered with psoriorsis on my body area for over ten years. Plus my facial area mainly around my eyes hasn't seemed to flare up. The current ointment I am using is Audavate RD 0.025% (Betamethasone Valerate) would you say this was strong enough or?

you need clobetasol or something that strong

psoriasis changes over time and commonly affects other body areas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay that's great thank you, ***** ***** in talks and another auto immune called granuloma annulare was mentioned as well as dermititis or eczema. So with the photos you would rule those conditions out and treat for psoriorsis?

yes I would

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for all your help.

welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I've woken up this morning and found an itchy lumpy mark inbetween my fingers. What could this be?