Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a spot above my lip that I've had and won't go away.

I have a spot above my lip that I've had for years and won't go away. Every two or three weeks dead skin forms on the surface, which I scrape away, making the area sore. Then the whole process repeats itself and dead skin forms again. The skin surface isn't raised in any way. Is there a simple treatment for this?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Please attach a picture here so that i can help you better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture now on my PC but I can't seem to attach it to this reply. Do you have an e-mail address I can send it to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think I've done it now ......... see attached
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** seen the pictures.Looks like a localized patch of dermatitis on the upper lip.This can be treated with application of steroid ointment like Fluticasone propionate thrice a day for 2 weeks but sometimes, these patches often recur even with the treatment so, the best fix should be to ablate dermis around the hair follicles causing the problem and repeated inflammation. For that, you will need to see your Dermatologist. Laser skin treatment can help with this.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.