Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My daughter is suffering severe period pains and has vomited

My daughter is suffering severe period pains and has vomited three times.
She does not normally suffer such severe period pains.
She is due to sit an A-level examination in less than two hours.
She is no more unduly nervous about this exam than either of the two she sat earlier in the week. She wants to go ahead and sit the exam.
I have just given her 2 ibuprofen tablets to help with the pain and advised her to sip water to get her fluid levels up.
What better advice can you offer me, please?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I am sorry to hear about your daughter.You have done all the right things actually i.e. giving her ibuprofen, getting her fluid level up.If her symptoms persist and her pain is still severe then she may require an injectable pain medication for which she would require going to the hospital.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done asking.Regards