DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was diagnosed with b12 and folate difficiency in February.

Hi I was diagnosed with b12 and folate difficiency in February. I have all symptoms of underactive thyroid, and feel like I'm 90. I went back to my doctor today and he said my TSH is2.14 normal. I am struggling to function at the moment and wondered if further testing on my thyroid should be done? My GP gave me some anti inflammatorys to combat my aches and pains and arthritus and said justy get some exersise and the symptoms will go? I am to tired at this stage to get out of bed in the morning let alone exersice thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloSome experts now say that over 2 can be hypothyroidYou should have a thyroid antibody test.Also adrenal panel testAnd sex hormone test.You might need low dose thyroid.I would see an up to date endocrinologist.Please click a positive rating above.Find me as needed. Additional information: Given your other deficiencies, you should be checked for gastritis, and you should have a celiac panel to chck for gluten problems. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks I have been tested for celiacs and it was negative. Normal liver and kidney function and no diabetes. Mt first TSH was 2.67 in February and now lower? Is it worth doing bloods via post are they as accurate? At the end of my tether now and just want to rule it out or not. Thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
2.67 is hypothyroid Get thyroid antibodies. If positive you should be treated. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help I am going private on Monday and hopefully get sorted with further tests.