Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm at the dentist next week and very worried to have the LA

Customer Question

I'm at the dentist next week and very worried to have the LA in case I become allergic to it have had LA one before and was ok but just very worried in case I he's come allergic
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

HI and welcome.

If you had local anesthesia previously there is less likely that you become allergic to it. Moreover as a safety measurement you can get the test dose of the local anesthetic before full dose if there is any minor allergic reaction do not get that drug. So stay calm.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it twice before and been fine so you think its not worth worrying about
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

Yes nothing to worry about at all.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you so you are doubtful I will have any allergic reaction to the local anesthetic when I get my teeth done
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

You have previous exposure to the drug so no reason to be allergic to LA. So stay calm. you will not have allergic reaction.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to ask you I have a strawberry allergy and would like to no how long to wait to kiss my boyfriend if he has ate them
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

At this point i want you to rate the answer positively or accept my additional services offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be able to kiss him straight away what if he didn't wash is mouth out immediately
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

No you should not till he rinse his face.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank-you but after he's rinsed his mouth and face I won't have any reaction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also quite paranoid about developing a nut allergy and no longer eat them because of this say in the future if I inadvertently ate something with a nut in would it then cause me to become allergic because I am now not eating them sorry for all the questions just need my mind put at ease