Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Ive been put on pregabalin I started on 25mg nearly 6 weeks

Hi ive been put on pregabalin for anxcity I started on 25mg nearly 6 weeks ago after a week I upped the dose to another 25mg then on Monday my Doctor upped my dose buy another 25mg which I started Tuesday morning 50mg in the morning 25mg in the evening today ive felt abit anxcious but do I have to give it a bit of time to balance itself as ive upped the dose?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
you do.at least two weeks on that dose before we can tell if it is workinglet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh so I do have to wait for it to balance itself out it won't work stright away x
to an extent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
leave it two weeks u think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u very much also can it make me feel more anxcious before it starts working if that makes any sence
it can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even tho ive been on it nearly 6weeks or is it cause ive upped the dose
because you have upped the doseHonestly though, this is not commonly used for anxietyit is more of an off label usemaybe another med would be better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive heard really good rateings about this med and its ment to be good for anxcity
Its ok for anxiety. I like setraline better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I take setraline Aswell as these tablets and citolopram whilst weening off them?
not sertraline and citalopram together
still need help?