How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64329
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I am having problems with my mother in law. She seems to get

Resolved Question:

I am having problems with my mother in law. She seems to get upset over silly little issues. Recently my sister in law her daughter invited my own parents to a function my mother in law got angry and blamed me politely. She then complained for my own brothers birthday we should have given a gift together not seperatly. She also complains about my cooking. I dont mind her making comments but to me they hurt and i dont want to tell her because she always feels she is right and although i have my husbands support i feel as if i am going to drive a wedge in between them. She thinks im making faces and being stroppy she just really upsets me. I have been married for 7 months and even before she has made nasty comments about me. I want to leave my marriage.
Please can you advise me on what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiWell it is clear that there is no communication between you and your mother in law, correct?She does not know how hurt you are and how you feel, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats true. We did have a chat yesterday and i did tell her i am stressed with work and my parents as my dad is not too well and sorry for causing problems with her and her daughter. She understood and today shes been moody and not speaking to me properly. I dont want to speak to her as i feel like she will make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Are you making too much of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know i feel as if she just has a problem with me and im finding it hard to adjust
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKSo why not ask her, rather than making an assumption, if she is angry with you. Something simple. Or, do you have a problem with my marriage to your son: I really want to make sure that if there is any problem between us, we straighten it out.At this point, you will either:be reassuredstart a dialogueor see that she can not tolerate communication.If she can not tolerate communication, and you have difficulty communicating, then this is a bigger problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know i should talk to her bur she always make out she is right i have a had problems with her from the start im even keeping my distance i feel like i have no one to talk too.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKSo can you get a therapist.This would be ideal.A psychologist who treats families.You go and develop ways to feel comfortable.Then, if your mother in law does not respond to your attempts, it is not going to reflect on you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken to my husband and i feel happier thank u for ur advice
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiI have not been paid since there is no positive rating on any of my answers.Please click a positive on the rating scale. That is how we are paid along with bonuses.Good luck.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloHEre is a quote from FDA prescribing informationUsing amiodarone together with metoprolol may lead to increased side effects. Contact your doctor if you experience a reduced heart rate, dizziness, fainting, or headaches.That link is here:,1615-0This is the original expert.If your doctor had you on a schedule that had these taken at different times of day, we do not override your doctors advice, which is there for a good reason.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Ignore thatsite problem