DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am losing weight and growing weak and frail. I feel very

Customer Question

I am losing weight and growing weak and frail. I feel very restless sitting or standing and the only way for me to get some rest is to lie down in bed. I have underlying pain constantly in my body especially in my back. My mouth and teeth are very bitter and acidic. Every time I eat or drink I rinse my mouth to get rid of the bitter taste but it does not go away. As a result I don't want to eat or drink anything. I was so fond of travel and going out but now I am bed ridden and can hardly walk. My GP has checked me and so have other doctors at the hospital but they cannot find what is wrong with me. I am 69 years old. I shall be grateful if anyone could help me.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Thyroid disease can do this.

They need to check the following labs

TSH

T4

Iron studies

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/