Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My baby woke up witha rash yesterday morning around the brow

My baby woke up witha rash yesterday morning around the brow n forhead, which has now spread more over the forhead and on his eyelid
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Can you tell me the age of the baby and it would be helpful if you could post a picture here for me to view.Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hes 7 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not bumpy it's just red
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the query.This looks like Dermatitis. It can be due to an allergic contact or irritation of this area due to either friction, sleeping in with this side down or heat as well.I would suggest that you start him on an OTC antiallergic syrup and keep the area moisturized with an emollient or baby moisturizer. If the rash increases in size or if your child develops a fever, then you will need to take him to an Urgent Care for a further review.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
I was going to take him to hospital shall I leave it for now ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
That is always the best option, specially if a hospital is easily accessible, then paying them a visit will give you more peace of mind, so it will be worthwhile.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.