DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Night time blood from back passage no pain or discomfort

Customer Question

night time blood from back passage no pain or discomfort
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.How much blood was there? A lot, a little etc.Are you still bleeding?Any pain?Did you leak any feces?What color was the blood (if you can tell) -- Bright red etc?Are you having any symptoms, dizzy, weak, stomach pains etc?Has this happened before?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
enough to alarm, ie area of 5 inches on sheet went through two sheets on bed, bright red , also in pants, no pain, no further blood or leakage of feces, not dizzy, only usual take time to sit up after being asleep, have notice one spot before but not considered it from back passage. medication for high blood pressure, and takes a variety of vitamins etc I am Joseph's partner and concerned about this, will answer any questions on his behalf
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloTake him in.ER.At his age this can be diverticulosis, which can bleed out.It can be hemorrhoids.It can be a polyp.It can be angiodysplasia which is hard to locate....bad blood vessels in the colon or rectum.It is concerning.It needs investigation now.I am a double board certified clinical doctor. Meaning I take care of such problems as part of my board certification and training. See my profile.Please click a positive rating on this post.Find me as needed.