Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Past 2 years or thereabouts every time I go outside in the

Customer Question

For the past 2 years or thereabouts every time I go outside in the cold or even if its not that cold but a little windy my arms, legs face hands and arms go red and itchy. I can even be in a cold environment inside and the same happens. Also, I get very hot when doing the least bit of work, I can feel myself getting hotter, I am actually feeling this when I am typing this, I have been to my doctor but she cannot find what is wrong and says she never heard of this before but its getting worse as time goes on and I am worried that something serious is going on and no one is doing anything about it.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Sometimes, atopic dermatitis can present like this. Dry cold air can cause the skin to get irritated and cause redness and itch.I would suggest that you ask your GP for a referral to the Dermatologist so that this can be treated.Topical steroid applications and emollients will be the mainstay of treatment and you will need to avoid the cold till the dermatitis has resolved. The dermatologist can also run tests for other causes like vasculitis, autoimmune conditions and hormonal fluctuations.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.