Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

A few days ago I saw that certain areas of my gums were

Hi! A few days ago I saw that certain areas of my gums were black on colour near my teeth! On vigorous brushing they started to bleed but the black colour started going away with the bleeding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe bleeding is from gingivitis bacteria in your gums from lack of dental care and flossing and brushing regularly.the black color of gums can be due to heredity, ethnic background, and certain medications or diseases like advanced forms of periodontal disease or gingivitis you need to see a dentist to get your gums and teeth checked.you should be flossing at last once a day and brushing twice a day and taking better care of your teeth and gums.avoiding alcohol and smoking can help your gumseating more fruits and vegetables can help your gums as well heallet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is the black color going away when I'm brushing?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you could be improving your gum health which is reducing gingivitis which can help the dark marks go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks