Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm 31 years old and I'm afraid I have colon/bowel

Customer Question

Hi,I'm 31 years old and I'm afraid I have colon/bowel cancer? For the past 2 days my rectum/anus feels like it's dragging across the floor
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Please describe your symptoms in detail such as whether there is blood in stools. Do you suffer from any medical condition? Do you have any family history of bowel cancer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor,as far as I no my grandad had bowl cancer, I suffer with stress/anxiety,no other symptoms but 3 days ago I had 2 hard poos
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. This is likely to be due to constipation and/or hemorrhoids. Therefore this needs to be examined by your doctor. However with your present history I do not find any symptoms that are red flags for colon cancer. Therefore you have no reason to worry and get anxious about bowel cancer. Please drink adequate fluids and water. Add a lot of fiber to your diet which will decrease the constipation. You can do this be slowly beginning to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, and choosing whole-grain breads and cereals. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor, with constipation does there need to be any other symptoms,because last time I had a bad stomach etc,I did have a poo yesterday
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Constipation means that there are decreased bowel movements or difficulty in passage of stools which may be hard stools. Hence a healthy diet with lots of fiber will reduce the passage of hard stools. Therefore consult your doctor to diagnose whether you are suffering from hemorrhoids which may result from training during bowel movements and may cause a dragging sensation. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can have constipation without other symptoms that can be related to constipation? Also the feeling is like I can go to poo but not completely emptying myslef..I have no pain
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, This feeling of incomplete evacuation is one of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome which may be associated with stress or anxiety. Therefore after consulting your doctor and having ruled out other conditions which may cause such a feeling, your doctor may then treat you for irritable bowel syndrome, and this treatment will reduce your symptoms. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do suffer with ibs doctor
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, So your doctor has diagnosed IBS. To do this your doctor would have ruled out any other underlying condition. Therefore you have no reason to worry about colon cancer. However please get back to your doctor and tell him/her your present symptoms so that your doctor can prescribe medications and/or therapy for the control of your anxiety and also IBS. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told I had ibs 4 months ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you doctor for your help